Thursday 3 July 2008

2 Weeks Left!!!!

Not that I'm happy or anything.

There really isn't much to report since my last post. I've finished Darwin's ties to the island which should be published in the natural history society's journal as well as the prison paper which I'll present to the board before I leave. It doesn't look like I can attach documents so luckily you don't have to read them. The Cardiovascular Comparison btw Virginia (b/c they have better data than NC and an Isle of Wight County) and the Island here is underway and I hope to complete it sometime next week.

The plan for the rest of my 2 weeks here is to attend a conference in London, shadow the city council and medical administrators for several days, follow a GP, present my suggestions to the prison, and finish my heart disease stuff. I might also get to hang out w/ the smoking cessation ladies at some point.

My little, adopted brother has started a new treatment called Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy for Cerebral Palsy or, in his case, upper motor damage from shaken baby syndrome (courtesy of his natural parents). The "trial run" was yesterday and they gave him a lumbar puncture to administer the drug that will loosen the rigidity of his muscles and allow him to strengthen and hopefully regain motor function over time. Anyways, the tap didn't go so well and he has a tear in his dura mater and is in the hospital under observation until Monday. So if you can, think of him sometime this weekend.

Off to Bath, Stonehenge, and Salisbury this weekend which should be awesome. Watch out for pictures on Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say hi to the barbarians at stonehenge.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris. Great Blog. Can't wait to see you again!!